Ministers of Welcome
Here at St. Michael’s Cathedral Basilica as a Minister of Welcome (sometimes called Greeters), it is your role to help establish a warm and welcoming climate. You will assist the assembly with practical details so that the Liturgy and Sacred Rites can be celebrated with ease and grace.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Filling in a volunteer application form first and returning it to Pastoral Associate. You have an interview with the Pastoral Associate before you start. This Position is a Low Risk position; therefore, a police check is not needed.
- Once you have had your interview and you have been trained you will be assigned a Mass.
- You are to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Dress in appropriate church attire and you must always be wearing your name tag.
- First you will ensure that the Church is presentable and welcoming. (Picking up any, left over bulletins and papers.)
- You will stand at the doors and welcome the parishioners as they arrive, being attentive to newcomers, children, the elderly and those with special needs.
- Offers information or assistance regarding the parish, the Liturgy, the facilities, parish registration procedures, location of restrooms, special events and seating arrangements.
- Ensures that there is a Family or Special Group has been designated to present gifts.
- Responds appropriately to particular needs or emergencies within the assembly.
- Assists in the movement of the assembly during Holy Communion.
- Bring the collection with Security to the Sacristan.
- Assists with the departure of the assembly.
- Participates fully in the Liturgy as an exemplary member of the assembly.
- Carries out other functions as requested by the Pastor and/or Pastoral Team.
If interested, please contact the Parish Office at 416-364-0234.